ContraClassics

Expand

1 recording

  1. This duo was composed in Budapest in 1914 and it was written for the violonist Imre Waldhauer and the cellist Jenö Kerpely, both from the Imre Waldhauer String Quartet. The duo was more or less kept a secret for the following ten years and only performed in small venues by Waldhauer/Kerpely until it was “premiered” for a large audience at the ISCM festival in Salzburg on August 7th, 1924. Since then the work has steadily grown its reputation and is today one of the cornerstones in the duo repertoire for violin and cello.